So you’ve got your hands on Design Packaging and Tapes’ high quality packaging equipment… but your quest does not end there. If you plan on packing boxes, whether in the office or at home, there are a few tips for you to follow to ensure that your cardboard box is packed snugly so that items are protected properly for either storage or transportation. Without further ado, here are our top tips on packing cardboard boxes:
- Pack larger, heavier items at the bottom, and lighter, smaller items at the top. This may seem like the most obvious tip in the world, and it is, but too often people have damaged fragile items because they weren’t packed properly in a cardboard box. Make sure they lie at the top of the box, and ensure that they are bubble wrapped for that little bit of extra protection.
- Use packaging tape to ensure that both box ends are supported. Tape along all edges at both the box’s top and bottom, as well as two lengths of tape across both top and bottom to buffer the box with added support. This will make sure that the box does not open or collapse.
- Use edge-protectors on a cardboard box’s edges. These handy little pieces will make sure that the over-exposed edges and corners are preserved so that they do not crumple or tear.
- There are also other packaging protectors that can be packed alongside valuable and fragile items that will make sure that they are well looked after. These include cut polystyrene shapes as well as polystyrene wriggly-worms, and foam sheets. Use these items to make sure that there are no loose items within the box.
- Make sure that the cardboard box is not too heavy. Cardboard is strong, but it is not indomitable, so don’t over-pack your cardboard box. A large cardboard box should not weigh more than 20kgs, while smaller boxes should not distort in shape because of the weight of the items inside. If it does, then the load should be lightened.
Make sure that you follow this list of box packing tips the next time you are packing cardboard boxes for either storage or transportation, and you won’t run into any problems. If you require packaging suppliers in Johannesburg or cardboard box suppliers in Johannesburg then make sure you contact Design Packaging and Tapes as soon as possible, and we will be able to supply you with a quote in no time.